i am a daily customer at.braintree,ma.02184 tjmaxx .

i live across the street and do all my retail shopping at tjmaxx and home goods. today was a bad experience and most embarassing. i bought a ralph lauren skirt that i really loved. today i took the tag off and tried it on at home.

it made me look very fat. i went straight back after a few days to exchange it for another . i threw away the sales slip but i had the tag with info on it. everyone at the service desk knows me well as i do shop daily.

a woman who was not waiting on me spoke to the young lady who was waiting on me and whispered something to her about my skirt. my sales associate went away and came back and spoke to the other woman and she informed me the tag didnt match my skirt.i told her i removed the tag 20 min. before i came to service desk and tjmaxx associates put the wrong tag on it.obviously someone didnt do their job.as a 80 year old woman who is always friendly and complimentary i was totally embarassed because the sales associate yelled two registers down that they shouldnt take it back. i promise you i am an honest person.i have emailed you several times about the wonderful service i get and this is the first time i am being called a liar.

please speak to these employees.thankyou lornadibona@yahoo.com

Review about: Tj Maxx Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor exchange policy with associates.

Had an Experience with Tj Maxx?

Comments

I'm not sure I understand your timeline.Going "straight back" means right away...

Not a couple of days later, like you say you did.Also, after waiting a couple of days to return, why did you rip off the tag "20 min" before you tried to return it??

While I understand not being pleased with the situation, it's just company policy.It doesn't matter how well the employees know you, how nice you are to them, or how old you are.

If the ticket is ripped off we have to check the receipt, which evidently you threw away. If the ticket info on your skirt did not match the ticket info for the skirt already in the store in comparison, or didn't match up with the description we receive when looking up the ticket, we have no choice but to refuse to return it. It's a cautionary measure against people who do switch tickets, and we have no way of knowing who would do that. The "whispering" you heard was most likely quiet talk about why the ticket didn't match the description.

It's not the employees fault for not taking it back.That's just how our stores work.