Wyomissing, Pennsylvania

I tried to return a coat that I had only worn a few times when the zipper broke rendering the coat completely useless. I had the receipt & simply wanted a store credit for defective merchandise.

When I got to the cashier I had to wait 10 minutes for a manager to appear. This person proceeded to run her hand back & forth over the fleece lining & then treated me like I was a scam artist. There was an identical coat on the sale rack & I suggested they compare the linings. The manager then said the coat was worn & contained hair & they could not accept the return even with the receipt.

So if something malfunctions or breaks from this store don't expect to return it. I was humiliated & treated very rudely.

I proceeded to make another purchase because I had waited so long at the counter but I wish I had just walked out. Whatever happened to polite treatment of customers??

Product or Service Mentioned: Tj Maxx Cashier.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Tj Maxx Cons: Store manager.

Comments

I tried to return a defective item for exchange without a receipt and experienced the same type of customer service. Who makes a purchase anticipating something will go wrong making the item unusable and saves their receipt.

I really wish that customers would pay close prompt attention the sign posted in the store regarding the return policy.

I agree with the store for not taking the coat back. Who wants to buy a coat which has been worn a couple of time and damaged. You know you wouldn't buy something like that so why are you upset?

The company does not accept returns of used merchandise. Wearing a coat "a few times" is still using it.

That's the drawback of buying something heavily discounted. You shouldn't complain if you didn't bother to ascertain their return policy before you bought something.

You were not treated rudely. You seem to mistake being told no as rudeness.

Tj Maxx Reviews